Academic Council exercises overall supervision of the academic affairs of the university. It recommends to the president the adoption and/or the deletion of the academic policies that govern the university, as well as academic programs. The executive vice president serves as chairman.
Academic Council is composed of the following members:
- Executive Vice President
- Executive Director, Online Learning
- Dean and one associate or assistant dean for academics from each school
- Dean of the University Library
- Director of the Law Library
- University Registrar
- President of the Faculty Senate
- SACS Liaison Officer, and
- Chair of the Curriculum and Instruction Review Committee (CIRC).
The Assistant to the Executive Vice President serves as Academic Council Secretary.
View the Academic Council Minutes.