Academic Council exercises overall supervision of the academic affairs of the university. It recommends to the president the adoption and/or the deletion of the academic policies that govern the university, as well as academic programs. The vice president for academic affairs serves as chairman.
Academic Council is composed of the following members:
- Executive Vice President,
- Associate Vice President for Instructional Quality,
- Dean and one associate or assistant dean for academics from each school,
- Dean of the University Library,
- Director of the Law Library,
- University Registrar,
- President of the Faculty Senate,
- SACS Liaison Officer, and
- Chair of the Curriculum and Instruction Review Committee (CIRC).
The Assistant to the Executive Vice President serves as Academic Council Secretary.
View the Academic Council Minutes.