Regent University's faculty awards program recognizes our faculty for their outstanding achievements and stellar performance as professors and scholars in their fields.
The Faculty Excellence Award will be made to three different faculty members two times during the academic year for the categories of Scholarship (research, including creative), Teaching, and Service.
The Faculty Awards for Excellence Program Committee chairperson shall deliver via email the nominations of the persons selected by the committee to be the Faculty Excellence Award recipients to the Executive Vice President or designee.
The Office of Academic Affairs shall prepare a letter of commendation for the recipient. The letter shall be typed on official university stationery and shall be signed by the Executive Vice President
The award will be presented by the president, the Executive Vice President, or the dean of the school/college in which the recipient is employed.
The Faculty Excellence Award will consist of:
- A letter of commendation to the recipient signed by the Executive Vice President
- A plaque designating the faculty member as the recipient of the Faculty Excellence Award
- A monetary gift
- Recognition at one or more faculty/staff gathering(s)
The Chancellor’s Award for Excellence will be presented to one faculty member, as determined by the Executive Vice President. The recipient of this award will be selected from those who, through the year, were nominated for the Faculty Excellence Award.
On or about April 15 of each year, the Faculty Awards for Excellence Program Committee shall deliver via email to the Executive Vice President a list of the names of the persons nominated to be recipients of the Chancellor’s Award For Excellence for that academic year. The list of names shall:
- Be listed in numerical order of preference
- Be accompanied with any supporting Faculty Excellence Award nomination forms for each name on the list
- Be accompanied by a memo from the Executive Vice President stating his/her concurrence with the recipients selected
- Be presented by the Executive Vice President to the President for final approval
The Office of Academic Affairs shall make the necessary arrangements to have the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence prepared for presentation. It will normally be presented by the university Chancellor at Commencement.
The Chancellor's Award for Excellence will consist of:
- A Chancellor’s Award for Excellence plaque signed by Regent University's chancellor
- An additional award which will be determined by the Executive Vice President and the President