Forms & Resources
Please submit completed HSR forms electronically to your school's Human Subjects Review Committee member.
- Human Subjects Review Form (for all research)
- Human Subjects Review FAQ
- Human Subjects Research Training (for all researchers)
- HIPAA Training Verification Form (for clinical research)
- Sample Informed Consent Language (for survey research not requiring written consent)
- Written Consent Template (for research requiring written consent)
The resources below provide additional information that may be helpful to your understanding of HSR requirements, processes and federal regulations.
- HIPAA privacy rule booklet (for clinical or patient populations only)
- Doing research with children? You should be informed about the National Government's Office of Human Research Protection guidelines on research with children (considered the minimum ethical standard).
- Doing research with prisoners? You should be informed about the National Government's Office of Human Research Protection guidelines on research with prisoners (considered the minimum ethical standard)
- Further information on the protection of human subjects in research can be found online from the Federal Office of Human Subjects Protections, the Office of Human Research Protections, and the Code of Federal Regulations 45 CFR 46. If you have a higher risk study in terms of ethics, are working with children or prisoners or any vulnerable population, it is recommended you read the regulations and guidance on ethical treatment of those populations or risks at that website.