What We Believe
Regent University is a Christ-centered institution.
It is expected that our students will both understand and agree to receive an education in accordance with the following articles:
- That the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That man was created in the image of God but as a result of sin is lost and powerless to save himself.
- That the only hope for man is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the virgin-born Son of God, who died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead, so that by receiving Him as Savior and Lord, man is redeemed by His blood.
- That Jesus Christ will personally return to earth in power and glory.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells those who receive Christ for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and holy lives.
- That the Church is the Body of Christ and is comprised of all those who, through belief in Christ, have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The mission of the church is worldwide evangelization and the nurturing and discipling of Christians.