Regent Undergraduate Council (RUC) Elections
Students who want to run for office must1:
- Be an undergraduate student registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester at Regent, excluding the summer semester;
- Be in good financial and disciplinary standing with the University while in office;
- Have earned a minimum number of credit hours from Regent prior to assuming office (12 for Executive Board, 9 for Senators);
- Have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at time of application and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 while in office;
- Commit to attending associated ongoing trainings for the duration of term in office;
- Commit to serving a term of one calendar year (except in the case that they were voted in as a result of a special election); and
- Attend one scheduled interest meeting (see timeline below).
1 - Additional criteria for president and chaplain will be explained at the mandatory interest meetings.
Available Positions for Special Election Fall 2012.
- Event and Promotion Coordinator
- Information Systems Technology
- Christian Ministry
- International Studies
WHEN: October 11th and 12th from 12:00 AM, EST to 11:59 PM, EST
- Sign into the MyRegent Portal
- Click on the Genisys tab at the top of the page
- Click on the "Personal Information" link
- Click on the "Answer a Survey" link
All degree-seeking students can vote for each of the Executive Board positions. Students may also vote for the Senator for their respective major.