Regent University seeks to deliver an exceptional on-campus living experience that supports the academic mission of the university. For many students, a significant part of undergraduate education is active participation in the campus community, particularly as residents. The Office of Residence Life strives to provide undergraduate students with a safe, clean and well-maintained environment that is conducive to academic excellence, individual accountability, community development and living a Christ-centered life. The Office of Residence Life aims to encourage positive and engaging residence hall communities through planned social activities, academic support, and a general context for spiritual growth and maturation through fellowship with peers. Every floor in the Regent Commons has a Resident Assistant (RA) who offers guidance, support, and plans various events and programs. RAs work closely with Life Group Leaders from Campus Ministries to promote spiritual vitality. Each residence hall is supervised by a Resident Director (RD) who coordinates that building's RA staff and is available to assist residents with their concerns. Residence Life staff members are eager to meet and encourage residents as they follow God's calling over their lives while at Regent University.
Below is a listing of just some of the fun activities and services provided by Residence Life staff...
- The Annual Regent Regatta makeshift boat race in the Regent Commons pond (the only time during the semester you're actually allowed in the pond!).
- Monthly social, education and/or community service events.
- Regular floor meetings to discuss community life.
- Facilitation of roommate agreements, community agreement and roommate mediations.
- Two RAs are on duty/on-call every night during the academic year to ensure the residence halls are safe and secure.
- Collaborative outreach and social events with Life Group Leaders from Campus Ministries.
Learn more about on-campus living by visiting the Residence Life website.