Be a Mentor
You have the opportunity to be a blessing to a new student by simply making yourself available to listen, answer questions, and help motivate new students to pursue their goals at Regent!
Benefits of mentoring include:
- Opportunity to share your learning experiences
- A way to give back to the community and students
- Increased personal and professional growth
- Helping others succeed
- Improved listening, coaching and feedback skills
- Improved self-awareness
- Satisfaction from helping others develop
In order to be a peer mentor, you must:
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours at Regent
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Read and agree to the Regent Statement of Faith.
You are NOT expected to:
- Be an expert on college, Regent University, or life
- Know all the answers
- Be your student's only source of advice and encouragement, though you will certainly be one source.