Statement of Faith
Regent University is a Christ-centered institution, committed to an evangelical interpretation and application of the Christian faith. The campus community is closely identified with the present-day renewal movement, which emphasizes the gifts, fruit and ministries of the Holy Spirit. All employees are expected to understand and adhere to the following articles of belief:
- That the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That man was created in the image of God but, as a result of sin, is lost and powerless to save himself.
- That the only hope for man is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the virgin-born Son of God, who died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead so that by receiving Him as Savior and Lord, man is redeemed by His blood.
- That Jesus Christ will personally return to earth in power and glory.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells those who receive Christ for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and holy lives.
- That the Church is the Body of Christ and is composed of all those who through belief in Christ have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The mission of the Church is worldwide evangelism, and nurturing and discipling of Christians.
Regent University encourages a close and edifying relationship between students, one that will deepen one another’s spiritual growth and stimulate a vigorous intellectual life in the Regent community. In order to accomplish these aims, it is imperative that Regent University students conduct themselves in a Christ-like and professional manner and maintain an exemplary and involved lifestyle. Regular church attendance and participation in the activities of the Regent community are encouraged for students.
Regent University requires students to refrain from illegal use of drugs and the abuse of addictive substances controlled by law. Regent also forbids the use of alcohol, illicit drugs and tobacco on campus and prohibits the abuse of these substances by the Regent community. The Apostle Paul exhorted the Body of Christ that, if they truly loved their fellow man, they would set aside their personal freedom by refraining from behavior that might be a stumbling block to their weaker brother. Regent University encourages members of the Regent community to exercise their personal responsibility and, guided by Paul’s admonition, appropriately set aside their personal freedom and refrain from the use of alcohol, illicit drugs and tobacco.
I hereby certify that the answers given and statements made are true and correct. I understand that supplying false or misleading information may result in denial of participation in the Peer Mentorship Program. Further, I understand and agree that mentorship may be terminated at any time without prior notice. I further agree that if and when my mentorship is terminated, the university has the right to release any information concerning my participation, including but not limited to my character, habits, ability and cause of separation, and I release the company from any and all liability concerning such information.