Maximize Regent: A Special Saturday Seminar for New Adult Learners
October 27, 2010
Maximize Regent is a practical, skills-based seminar designed for adult learners, who are local to Regent's Virginia Beach campus. Held on a Saturday prior to the start of each session, the seminar addresses the specific needs and concerns of working adults who earn their degrees primarily online or in the evenings. "We recognized that we have to offer a variety of opportunities for our working adult learners, whose needs differ considerably as compared to our more traditional-aged residential students," said Kyle Graham, Director of Student Engagement and Retention. "Having completed my undergraduate degree while working full-time, I can identify with the challenges that come with increased responsibility. We want to help prepare students to maximize their experience at Regent."
Maximize Regent is a one-day new student seminar designed to help busy adult learners to
- Prepare for classroom or online learning
- Understand and interact with the Academic Advising team
- Access academic support programs and services
- Connect with other students with similar priorities and responsibilities
- Learn critical skills, such as speed-reading, organization for academics, time management, and academic writing, which will support any class or major
- Start planning for a career advancement or career transition through Career Services
Local students interested in registering for the next Maximize Regent seminar should click here.