Our application process is simple and straightforward.
If you're ready to apply for admission to Regent University, just follow the steps below, and you can learn more about the process and benefits available to you as a military student. Call us for help—Ask! A Counselor.
Step 1: Select Your Degree
- Review the Academics section of the website to discover a wide range of degree options from which to choose.
- Determine which format is best for you—online, on-campus or a blend of both. For those needing maximum flexibility, most degrees from Regent University can be accomplished 100% online. Learn more about our Online Degree Programs.
- Contact your Regent admissions counselor for answers to any other program questions you may have or to assist you with the enrollment process.
If you'd prefer additional literature on a program, you may also Request Information be mailed to you.
Step 2: Evaluate Military and Transfer Credits
The Coast Guard uses the Coast Guard Institute (CGI) Transcript for documenting all college-level training received.
- To request your CGI Transcipt
Send your transcript request to:
Regent Undergrad Admissions
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
- Talk with your Regent admissions counselor to determine if you have earned college credit for your military experience as well as discuss any other prior college work (if applicable).
(Note: In order for your military experience credits to be applied to your Regent degree, you must be an enrolled student who has completed 12 hours or more of credit.)
Step 3: Learn about Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
Find out if you are eligible for Coast Guard Tuition Assistance.
(Note: Regent's military tuition rate is the same as the Coast Guard Tuition Assistance reimbursement—equivalent to $250 per semester credit hour.)
The following Enrollment Quicklinks may be needed as you complete the Coast Guard Tuition Assistance Form.
- Academic Calendar - session (A thru E) term start dates for classes
- Course Schedule - classes offered each Session
- Catalog - specific course descriptions
- Tuition & Fees
- Textbooks - Regent Bookstore
Step 4: Application Process
- Review Admission Expectations.
- Complete Regent's Application Requirements.
(Note: The application requirements are the same for both on-campus and online programs.)
- Note Application Deadlines.
- Understand timeline expectations After You Apply.
Step 5: After Acceptance
- Be sure you have paid the $50 enrollment deposit. This will secure your enrollment for the current term and permit you to register for classes.
- Schedule a meeting (via phone or in-person) with your academic advisor. Your advisor will help you prepare an official degree plan which serves as a road map through the program and lists specific courses you will need to complete to earn your degree. Any military and/or other transfer credits will also be taken into consideration at this time.
Step 6: Register for Your Classes
- MyRegent Portal - only your login and password are needed to begin; select the Genisys program to register online for all your classes.
- Academic Calendar - get an overview of session (A thru E) term start dates for classes.
- Course Schedule - note classes offered each session.
- Catalog - review specific course descriptions.
- Business Office - verify Tuition Assistance.
- Textbooks - order books and supplies through Regent Bookstore.