Interested in Regent University?
Regent University Admissions Counselor and Home School Mom
firstname.lastname@example.org (888) 718-1222
High School and College Planning Calendar for Homeschooled Students
Homeschooling High School and Planning for College
- Begin planning for college entrance at start of high school.
- Know the high school courses that are required for the colleges you are interested in.
- Take appropriate tests.
- Evaluate options for gaining college credits and develop tentative plan.
- Gather information and keep organized.
- 9th Grade
Begin planning high school curriculum with college entrance in mind.
Visit our curriculum planning page
- 10th Grade
Refine high school curriculum plan Begin looking and evaluating college credit choices (CLEP, Early College, etc.)
- Register for PSAT taken fall of junior year
- Register for classes at Regent or community colleges or other college credit options
- 11th Grade
- Take PSAT
- Begin college search process: gathering information on colleges and narrowing choices. (College Board Website is very helpful)
- Sign up to take SAT or ACT in the spring
- Begin planning college visits (if you plan to go to community college first, you can still visit colleges and ask about transfer policies)
(link to college visit planning page # 29- 30 and questions for visits this is 2nd page of the College Visit document)
- Begin making college visits
- Take SAT or ACT
- 12th Grade
- Take SAT or ACT again
- Make final college visits.
- Make master calendar for admissions and financial aid deadlines
- Consider if Early Decision or Early Action is right for you and if so send in applications
- Pull tax information together and complete FAFSA and CSS profile if required
- Send in applications for admission