Joseph N. Kickasola
Joint Appointment as Professor at Regent University
- Ph.D., National Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellow in Egyptian hieroglyphics & Coptic, Brandeis University.
- M.A., Ancient Languages, Brandeis University.
- B.D., Old Testament, Westminster Theological Seminary (Philadelphia).
- B.A., Bible & Classics, Houghton College
- Professor of International Policy, Robertson School of Government, Regent University, 1985-present.
- Joint Appointment as Professor in the schools of GOV, LAW and DIV at Regent University, 2002-present.
- Professor of Old Testament, Hebrew and Aramaic, Ashland Theological Seminary (Assistant Professor, 1971-75; Associate Professor, 1975-80; Professor, 1980-85).
- Methodist and Presbyterian pastorates, 1961-1966.
|International Affairs||Qur'anic Law/Arabic|
|Middle East Politics||Biblical Studies|
Books and Monographs
Two are in progress: one on Biblical law, and the other on Islamic politics.
"The Theonomic Response to Christian America," Chapter 10 in God and Politics: Four Views on the Reformation of Civil Government, Gary Scott Smith, ed. (Phillipsburg, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company, 1989), pp. 150-157.
"Capital Punishment and the Bible," The Virginian-Pilot, Saturday, 11 October, 1997, B8.
"Reaching the Muslim Community," Lifeline: News about the Life of Regent University, ed. Ray Horowitz (Virginia Beach, VA: Office of Development, Regent University, December 1995), p. 4.
"Kissing the Son: The Tragedy of the Conscience, the Crescent and the Cross," The Christian Statesman, vol. 136, no. 4 (July-August, 1993), pp. 3-13.
"What I Wish My Students Knew When They Got Here," The 1988 Seminary & Graduate School Handbook, 1987, pp. 40, 42. (Reprinted there twice since, the latest being 1992.)
"The Old Testament Basis for Threefold Communion," The Brethren Evangelist, March 1980, pp. 6-11.
"Leviticus and Trine Communion," Ashland Theological Bulletin 10 (Spring 1977): 1-58.
"A 'Midrashic' Approach to Matthew's Gospel," American Messianic Jewish Quarterly 2 (Spring 1976), pp. 18-19.
"A Synopsis of Sahidic Coptic (N) . . . AN Negation Patterns: A Morpho-Syntactic Description of Sentences and Adjuncts," Abstracts of papers read at Johns Hopkins University, November 14-15, at the 1975 Annual Meeting of the American Research Center in Egypt, Inc., Newsletter of the American Research Center in Egypt, Inc. 95 (Fall 1975-Winter 1976), pp. 7-8.
An Egyptological and Biblical consultant to Jeffrey Katzenberg for his animation film The Prince of Egypt (SKG DreamWorks, 1996-1998).