Alice M. A. Council Curtis
- M.A., Antioch University.
- J.D., Georgetown University.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Howard University.
- Associate Professor, Regent University School of Law, 1998-present.
- Master, James Kent American Inns of Court, Norfolk, VA, 1998-2000.
- Associate Professor, 1994-98, Evangel University.
- Executive Assistant, INSLAW, Inc., Washington, D.C., 1991-94.
- Sole Practitioner, Washington, D.C., 1984-94.
- Director of Public Ministries/Administrator, Christian Legal Society, Annandale, VA, 1987-90.
- Mediator/Trainer, Christian Conciliation Service, Fairfax, VA, 1984-87.
- Clinical Fellow, Antioch School of Law, 1981-83.
- Assistant to the Dean for Academic Affairs, Antioch School of Law, 1980-81.
- Admitted: District of Columbia.
- Virginia Certified Mediator Mentor.
- Virginia Certified General Mediator.
- Virginia Certified Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court Mediator.
- Virginia Certified Circuit Court-Family Mediator.
|Alternative Dispute Resolution
Client Interviewing and Counseling
Books and Monographs
Family Mediation Clinic: Helping People Help Themselves (Regent University School of Law Family Mediation Clinic 2001) [brochure].
Choosing a Mediator (co-authored with Bryan Sanders) (Evangel University Conflict Resolution Center 1997) [brochure].
Reality Check: Ten Questions to Contemplate Before You Litigate (Evangel University Conflict Resolution Center 1997) [brochure].
Newspaper and Periodical Articles
Church Discipline's Healing Touch, 10 Christian Legal Soc'y. Q. 23 (1989).
Ministering Grace to Our Partners, 10 Christian Legal Soc'y. Q. 21 (1989).
A Heart of Rest, 10 Christian Legal Soc'y. Q. 20 (1989).
Not Me, Lord, 9 Christian Legal Soc'y Q. 21 (1988).
Preaching What We Practice, 9 Christian legal Soc'y Q. 20 (1988).
Legal Aid: What's Behind It and How It Works, 9 Christian legal Soc'y Q. 18 (1988).
Presentations and Conference Sessions Chaired
Clinic Design and Management, workshop conducted for Ass'n of American Law Schools Annual Meeting Workshop on Dispute Resolution, Washington DC (2003).
Singing a Song in a Strange Land: Teachers and Religion in Public Schools, seminar conducted for Christian Educators Ass'n Int'l, Colorado Springs, CO (1999).
Alternative Dispute Resolution in Higher Education, workshop conducted for Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA (1997).
Conflict Management and Resolution in the Church, Assemblies of God National Conference (Revival Now!), Springfield, MO (March 4-7, 1996).
Alternative Dispute Resolution, the Wave of the Future, Rotary Club meeting, Springfield, MO (1995).
Conflict Management and Resolution in the Workplace, Institute for Conflict Management, U.S. Department of the Army Center for Human Resources, Lancaster, PA (1993)
Biblical Dispute Resolution: Procedures and Process, presented at numerous Christian Legal Society and Christian and venues, (1984-93).