The Dean only considers incomplete requests for situations of medical illness, emergencies or other extreme extenuating situations which are out of the student's control.
Students must submit a requests for incomplete:
- To the course instructor prior to the end of the term. If approval is granted by the instructor, the student will then submit the form to the RSG Student Services Office for processing. Incomplete grades require the final approval of the RSG dean.
- An incomplete grade will be given in a regular course only for legitimate deficiencies due to:
- Emergencies, or
- Extraordinary reasons acceptable to the professor and/or RSG dean
- A regular grade will be given by the instructor if all requirements for the course are submitted by the end of the following academic term.
- If all work is not submitted by the end of the term following the granting of the incomplete, a grade of FX (NP for pass/fail courses) will be posted automatically. The FX shall be counted as an F in the computation of the GPA.
- Any student desiring reinstatement to the course after an FX or NP has been posted must register for the course in a subsequent term and pay the full current tuition for the course.
Students receive In-Progress (IP) grades when work is not completed by the end of the term for an internship or thesis.
An IP may be extended for up to two terms when the student requests an extension and submits the approved form to the RSG Student Services Office before the end of the first term.
If a student does not meet the requirements for removal of the IP grade by the end of these two terms, a grade of NP will be posted automatically.
A student desiring reinstatement to the course after an NP has been posted must register for the course in a subsequent term and pay the full current tuition for the course.