Application Process - Reading Specialist Program, M.Ed.
Scroll down to review each portion of the application process, or use the links below to go directly to a specific step.
- Step 1: Application and Application Fee
- Step 2: Submit your Unofficial College Transcripts
- Step 3: Writing Sample
- Step 4: Admissions Interview
- Important Information - Background Check
*Additional pieces may be required by the admissions committee.
Note: A copy of current teaching license and three or more years of professional PreK-12 teaching experience (by the end of the program) required for Reading endorsement.
Submit your application using our Regent University Online Application. Pay the $50 application fee online during the application process.
Note: If you are unable to complete our application due to a disability, please contact our Admissions Office and an admissions representative will provide reasonable accommodations to assist you in completing the application.
Fee Waiver: Attend a graduate School of Education on-campus or online information session to learn how to streamline your application process, discover financial aid resources, and waive your $50 application fee. RSVP Today!
Regent University's Office of the Registrar is requesting your official transcripts from your degree-granting institution, which indicates successful completion of a bachelor's degree program. We are able to examine and view your unofficial transcript in order to gain you an admissions decision. Please submit your unofficial transcript to our Admissions Office by email to email@example.com using the subject line: SOE Master's Application Pieces.
Writing samples are evaluated using the ETS Criterion Service. Please submit your writing sample using the directions below.
- Visit http://criterion.ets.org.
- Click "Create Account."
- Fill in your account information (Access Code: 26KP - QM6A).
- Click "Submit."
- Click "OK."
- Fill in your new User Name and Password under "Returning User."
- Click "Sign In."
- Click "School of Education" under "Classes."
- Choose the "Assignments" tab.
- Choose one of the three writing sample topics provided by clicking on "Start Response." You will be provided with the question pertaining to the topic once you begin the timer for the essay.
- Click "OK" to acknowledge you are ready to begin your writing sample.
- Read the instructions for submitting your essay. Please keep in mind that you have 40 minutes to complete your writing sample and the timer begins as soon as you click "Start Response." You will receive a warning when there are 10 minutes remaining on the timer.
If an interview is necessary, the admissions office will contact you to schedule an appointment. The interview can be conducted on-campus or over the phone and typically takes about 20 minutes.
Background Check: Students in endorsement programs are required to complete a background check because the program includes direct contact with students in field experiences. Regent University School of Education has entered into an agreement with Certified Background/Castle Branch (CB), a private vendor that conducts background checks for many universities and educational institutions. After you are admitted into the program, you will be provided instructions set up an online profile with Certified Background and request your background check. Learn more>>
Note: All items submitted as part of the application process become the property of Regent University and cannot be returned.