Application Process - Curriculum & Instruction (M.Ed.)
Scroll down to review each portion of the application process, or use the links below to go directly to a specific step.
- Step 1: Application and Application Fee
- Step 2: Official Transcripts
- Step 3: Writing Sample
- Step 4: Admissions Interview
*Additional pieces may be required by the admissions committee.
Submit your application using our Regent University Online Application. Pay the $50 application fee online during the application process.
Note: If you are unable to complete our application due to a disability, please contact our Admissions Office and an admissions representative will provide reasonable accommodations to assist you in completing the application.
Fee Waiver: Attend a graduate School of Education on-campus or online information session to learn how to streamline your application process, discover financial aid resources, and waive your $50 application fee. RSVP Today!
An official transcript from each institution you have attended is required. We are excited to offer you the service of requesting transcripts on your behalf using our Transcript Request Form.
* Please be aware that it usually takes about one month to process a Transcript Request Form and receive a transcript from the issuing institution. However, it may take longer in some situations. It is ultimately the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all transcripts are received by Regent University. With this timeline in mind, we do not suggest using this service within one (1) month of a term start date unless you have submitted unofficial transcripts in addition to your Transcript Request Form.
Writing samples are evaluated using the ETS Criterion Service. Please submit your writing sample using the directions below.
- Visit http://criterion.ets.org.
- Click "Create Account."
- Fill in your account information (Access Code: 26KP - QM6A).
- Click "Submit."
- Click "OK."
- Fill in your new User Name and Password under "Returning User."
- Click "Sign In."
- Click "School of Education" under "Classes."
- Choose the "Assignments" tab.
- Choose one of the three writing sample topics provided by clicking on "Start Response." You will be provided with the question pertaining to the topic once you begin the timer for the essay.
- Click "OK" to acknowledge you are ready to begin your writing sample.
- Read the instructions for submitting your essay. Please keep in mind that you have 40 minutes to complete your writing sample and the timer begins as soon as you click "Start Response." You will receive a warning when there are 10 minutes remaining on the timer.
If an interview is necessary, the admissions office will contact you to schedule an appointment. The interview can be conducted on-campus or over the phone and typically takes about 20 minutes