Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction – Christian School
- Don Finn, Ph.D.
Online Degree Overview
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) provides continuing education for Christian school teachers by preparing them to develop and deliver effective instructional opportunities for diverse students in various learning settings including public, private, higher education and the workplace. The Christian School concentration embedded within the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction equips teachers and administrators to prepare their students to live as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The focus is on obedient discipleship to Christ for the purpose of building the next generation of Christian young people. Major areas of emphasis include restoring parental educational responsibility, promoting bibliocentric curricula, building loving relationships and forming distinctly Christian character. Our master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Christian School delivers teacher career development that stresses understanding learner characteristics, instructional design, program and student assessment, and the effective integration of technology into instructional programs. Successful completion of your degree can also lead to Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) certification.
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Christian School Highlights
Curriculum: View Course Sequence & Descriptions
Length: 33-39 credit hours.
Format: Eight-week courses delivered entirely online. One core course offered on campus each semester. Students may begin the program in August, October, January, March, May or June.
Results: Master of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Christian School
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Other Concentration Areas: Adult Education | Gifted & Talented | Teacher Leader
Features: Recognized by the Association of Christian School International (ACSI) and International Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (IACCS) Certification. Learn more.
The Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction will prepare you for leadership positions such as department head, content specialist, lead teacher, or curriculum developer. Those employed in school system or higher education administration, corporate, and non-profit settings will also benefit from this degree.
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Christian School graduates will be able to:
- Articulate a distinctly Christian worldview and philosophy of education.
- Possess the skills, knowledge, and attitudes essential to bringing biblical fidelity to Christian school curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrate excellence of research-based methodological skills of effective teaching and learning for diverse learners.
- Demonstrate skills of faith-learning integration including those relating to hermeneutics.
- Evaluate existing curricula in an educational setting.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of Christian education as a disciple-equipping activity.
- Examine issues related to teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.