Doctor of Education in Higher Education
- Teaching, Administration & Research (TAR)
- Hank Kelly, Ed.D.
Provost, Ohio Christian University
Regent Graduate, 2006
"Regent provided me the foundation I needed to advance in higher education."
Read Hank's Story»
Online Degree Overview
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) is delivered online (along with four-day summer residencies) and is designed to facilitate the learning styles of adults and provide a collaborative community for higher-level thinking and problem solving. The problem-based curriculum, applied dissertation projects, and individually designed concentration allow for a tailor-made program. Undergirding the entire program is critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and learning from a Christian worldview. The capstone project, as with any doctoral program, is the submission and defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Spring & Summer 2015 Cohorts:
Ed.D. cohorts will begin in January and mid-June. A four-day residency will be held July 13-16, 2015 at our Virginia Beach Campus.
Doctor of Education in Higher Education Highlights:
Length: 60 credit hours. May be completed in as little as 3 years.
Format: Offered in a cohort model. Students may begin the program in the spring or summer semesters. Courses are delivered online with a four-day residency each summer of the program. School division cohorts are also offered in varying formats.
Results: Doctor of Education in Higher Education degree. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) is awarded after completion of 30 credit hours. The Doctor of Education degree is awarded after completion of 60 credit hours.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Features: Online coursework, concentration and dissertation advisor, on-campus residencies.
The online Doctor of Education in Higher Education-Teaching, Administration & Research (TAR) is designed for educational professionals who are seeking an initial entry-level position as a college professor, researcher or administrator or who are in current positions where the doctorate is the required or preferred degree for advancement. Students should have either a part-time or full-time position in a higher education institution or possess a background that is widely considered to be comparable to higher education. Read dissertation abstracts of students in the Ed.D. in Higher Education program.
The online Doctor of Education degree will help prepare you to provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education. The concentration in higher education provides preparation to work as a postsecondary faculty member (teaching emphasis), administrator (administration emphasis), or analyst (research and institutional planning emphasis).
Hot Academic Jobs of the Future
"Ph.D.s and Ed.D.s are in high demand, and will be for some time." - Mark David Milliron
Doctor of Education in Higher Education graduates will be able to:
- Identify, respond to, and lead in important local, national, and global educational issues in a Christ-like manner from informed biblical perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how key theories inform planning, administration, policy, and professional practice.
- Evaluate educational research from theoretical and methodological perspectives in order to determine its contribution to policy and professional practice.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy, and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education.
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.