Application Process - K-12 School Leadership (Ed.D)
Scroll down to review each portion of the application process, or use the links below to go directly to a specific step.
- Step 1: Application
- Step 2: Application Fee
- Step 3: Official Transcripts
- Step 4: Recommendations (One from current employer)
- Step 5: Resume
- Step 6: Writing Sample
- Step 7: GRE Scores
- Step 8: Admissions Interview
- Important Information - Background Check
Note: Copy of current teaching license and two or more years of professional PreK-12 teaching experience are suggested for admission to the Ed.D. in K-12 School Leadership. Three years of experience are required for the endorsement in Administration and Supervision K-12.
Submit your application using our Regent University Online Application.
Note: If you are unable to complete our application due to a disability, please contact our Admissions Office and an admissions representative will provide reasonable accommodations to assist you in completing the application.
Option 1: Pay the $50 application fee online during the application process, via our Miscellaneous Payments Form, or by check or money order mailed to Regent University, Enrollment Support Services, 1000 Regent University Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23464.
Option 2: Attend a Graduate School of Education on-campus or online information session to learn how to streamline your application process, discover financial aid resources, and waive your $50 application fee. RSVP Today!
Official transcripts indicating successful completion of both a bachelor's and master's degree program are required. We are excited to offer you the service of requesting transcripts on your behalf using our Transcript Request Form*. Additional transcripts may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
* Please be aware that it usually takes about one month to process a Transcript Request Form and receive a transcript from the issuing institution. However, it may take longer in some situations. It is ultimately the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all transcripts are received by Regent University. With this timeline in mind, we do not suggest using this service within one (1) month of a term start date unless you have submitted unofficial transcripts in addition to your Transcript Request Form.
Submit our Online Recommendation Forms to provide us with contact information for each of your recommendations. We will use this information to contact each recommender and provide them with the appropriate recommendation form.
Provide a professional résumé of employment and accomplishments, including copies of published materials. Email to email@example.com using the subject line: EDU Doctoral Application Pieces or fax to 757.352.4725.
Doctoral applicants are required to submit a sample of their master’s level work, a paper of at least five pages in length. Individuals that can no longer access their master’s level work may submit a professional writing sample of the same length or may compose an academic paper on an educational topic.
Educational/professional papers should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line:
EDU Doctoral Application Pieces.
400-word Writing Sample
In addition, Doctoral applicants must submit a second writing sample which will be evaluated using the ETS Criterion Service. Please submit your second writing sample using the directions below.
- Visit http://criterion.ets.org.
- Click "Create Account."
- Fill in your account information (Access Code: 26KP - QM6A).
- Click "Submit."
- Click "OK."
- Fill in your new User Name and Password under "Returning User."
- Click "Sign In."
- Click "School of Education" under "Classes."
- Choose the "Assignments" tab.
- Choose one of the three writing sample topics provided by clicking on "Start Response." You will be provided with the question pertaining to the topic once you begin the timer for the essay.
- Click "OK" to acknowledge you are ready to begin your writing sample.
- Read the instructions for submitting your essay. Please keep in mind that you have 40 minutes to complete your writing sample and the timer begins as soon as you click "Start Response." You will receive a warning when there are 10 minutes remaining on the timer.
Arrange to have official GRE scores (no more than five years old) sent directly to Regent University. Regent ETS code: 5135.
- For more information or to register for the GRE visit www.ets.org.
If an interview is necessary, the admissions office will contact you to schedule an appointment. The interview can be conducted on-campus or over the phone and typically takes about an hour.
Background Check: Students in endorsement programs are required to complete a background check because the program includes direct contact with students in field experiences. Regent University School of Education has entered into an agreement with Certified Background/Castle Branch (CB), a private vendor that conducts background checks for many universities and educational institutions. After you are admitted into the program, you will be provided instructions set up an online profile with Certified Background and request your background check. Learn more>>
Note: All items submitted as part of the application process become the property of Regent University and cannot be returned.