Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Christian Education Leadership
- Mike Myers, Ed.D.
Dayspring Christian Academy
Regent Graduate, 2012
"My prayer is that the vision, academic preparation, and lifelong relationships I received through my Regent University education will reap great benefits for the Kingdom of God."
Read Mike's Story»
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) is delivered primarily online (along with one-week summer residencies) and is designed to facilitate the learning styles of adults and provide a collaborative community for higher-level thinking and problem solving. The problem-based curriculum, applied dissertation projects, and individually designed concentration allow for a tailor-made program. Undergirding the entire program is critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and learning from a Christian worldview. The capstone project, as with any doctoral program, is the submission and defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Spring & Summer 2015 Cohorts:
Ed.D. cohorts will begin in January and mid-June. A four-day residency will be held July 13-16, 2015 at our Virginia Beach Campus.
Doctor of Education in Christian Education Highlights:
Length: 60 credit hours. May be completed in as little as 3 years.
Format: Offered in a cohort model. Students may begin the program in the spring or summer semesters. Courses are delivered online with some required face-to-face components. School division cohorts are also offered in varying formats.
Results: Doctor of Education in Christian Education degree. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) is awarded after completion of 30 credit hours. The Doctor of Education degree is awarded after completion of 60 credit hours.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Features: Online coursework, concentration and dissertation advisor, on-campus residencies.
The online Doctor of Education in Christian Education Leadership is designed to equip educators (including parents and pastors) with vision and accompanying skills for bringing full biblical fidelity to Christian education. The Bible strenuously admonishes that each generation be raised to love and obey God in every dimension of life. We are thus compelled to excel in Christian education for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Ed.D. with a concentration in Christian Education Leadership focuses on Christian values in education, Christian school leadership and how to make Christian education as biblically sound as possible. Learn more about the Ed.D. in Christian Education Leadership and view dissertation abstracts. »
The online Doctor of Education in Christian Education Leadership program prepares its graduates for leadership at every level of Christian/Kingdom education. Graduates of the program now or have occupied positions such as Christian school teacher, principal, headmaster, founder; Christian university faculty; curriculum developer and representative of international Christian education associations.
Hot Academic Jobs of the Future
"Ph.D.s and Ed.D.s are in high demand, and will be for some time." - Mark David Milliron
Doctor of Education in Christian Education graduates will be able to:
- Identify, respond to, and lead in important local, national, and global educational issues in a Christ-like manner from informed biblical perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how key theories inform planning, administration, policy, and professional practice.
- Evaluate educational research from theoretical and methodological perspectives in order to determine its contribution to policy and professional practice.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy, and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education.
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.
Recognized by ACSI and IACCS