Selig Fellowship Program
The major purpose of the Selig Fellowship Program is to afford promising doctoral students the opportunity to work with outstanding faculty supervisors in an attempt to strengthen the fellow's development as a scholar while supporting the research agenda of supervisors. A side benefit for the fellow is to experience the Regent University ethos and community. Note the following:
- One Selig Fellowship is given each year.
- The Selig Fellow must be local or willing to move to Virginia Beach to pursue the program and take advantage of the fellowship.
- Returning Regent doctoral students must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher for their entire Regent doctoral program in order to be considered for a fellowship.
- New students must be accepted into the School of Education doctoral program prior to submitting the fellowship application in order to be considered.
- Prospective students must be accepted into the School of Education doctoral program prior to submitting the fellowship application in order to be considered.
- Selig fellows will receive yearly stipend and will be paid hourly, over the 12-month commitment, along with a 100% tuition scholarship. The scholarship portion of each fellowship will cover four semesters (from the summer of one year through the summer of the following year). Fellows will be responsible for all other student related fees (e.g., technology, student services, parking, and textbooks). Note: Selig Fellowship specifics are subject to change based on budget approval.
- Specific work schedule and assignments must be approved by the faculty supervisor and the Doctoral Program Chair. Duties generally will focus on scholarly activities such as research, data analysis, and publication. Attendance at select meetings and university chapel is encouraged.
- Fellows must earn a minimum 3.5 GPA every term and be in good standing with all of the university policies and procedures (e.g., code of conduct and library policies).
- Renewal of fellowships for subsequent years is not automatic. Application procedures, deadlines, and awards are subject to change each year.
If you are interested in applying for a fellowship, please complete the fellowship application and submit by May 1st.
The Selig Fellowship award is based upon a selection process conducted by the doctoral fellowship committee. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Kenyetta Veal at email@example.com or 757.352.4873.