Renewal across the Americas:
Pentecostal-Charismatic Movements in Latin America and among Latinas/os
February 28 - March 1, 2014
Call for Papers
Renewal across the Americas: Pentecostal-Charismatic Movements in Latin America and among Latinas/os
The development, historical underpinnings, and growth of Pentecostalism in Latin America and among Latinas/os in the US and Canada has been cause of special attention among scholars from diverse disciplinary fields for quite some time. Regent School of Divinity (SOD) and the Center for Renewal Studies (CRS) seek to provide venues that foster mutual dialogue among scholars, professionals, and the broader public.Toward this end, SOD and CRS are hosting a conference in Feb 28-March 01, 2014, seeking to promote research on the development of Pentecostal-Charismatic movements across the Americas (Latin America, Spanish speaking Caribbean, and among Latinas/os in the U.S. and Canada) as it has unfolded across Christian traditions in the region. This call goes out to established scholars, post docs, pre-tenured faculty, and graduate students. Submissions should be of high quality; scholarly but not highly specialized presentations of about 25 minutes, aimed at an audience of students, pastors, and faculty from across the spectrum of theological disciplines.
SOD and CRS are now receiving proposals on themes related to:
- Historical origins, developments, and trends of Pentecostal-Charismatic movements in Latin America and among Latinas/os in North America
- The social and political engagement and impact of Pentecostal-Charismatic movements
- The unique ethnocultural features of Latin American or Latina/o Pentecostal and Charismatic Christians
- Theological insights to be gained from Pentecostal-Charismatic movements in the region
- Pastoral-leadership challenges and opportunities of Pentecostal-Charismatic movements across the Americas.
- Any theme broadly related to the Study of Pentecostal-Charismatic movements across the Americas
The deadline for submitting proposals is November 30, 2013.
Conference accommodations will be provided by Founder's Inn (which shares Regent's campus). Call 800.926.4466 to make your reservations and be sure to mention "Regent University's Annual Renewal Theology Conference" to get the conference rate of $119.00 per night for a two night stay. A minimum stay of two nights would be required to obtain this rate.
For the dates of February 27th, 28th and March 1st, the following Regent Rates would apply:
- $89 for a room with one or two queen beds for February 27th
- $99 for a room with one or two queen beds for February 28th
- $139 for a room with one or two queen beds for March 1st
For those traveling from out of state, the nearest airport is Norfolk International (ORF). Thereis a shuttle service from the airport to Founders Inn from 6 AM-11 PM, based on availability, for $12.00 per person, each way (which is still cheaper than taking a taxi). Advanced reservations required: call 757-424-5511 or contact the Inn at http://www.foundersinn.com/contact-en.html
Click here to register for this event. The registration deadline is February 15, 2014.