Visiting Professor of Early Christianity
Web site: http://sevenchurches.org/mark/
Mark Wilson's Intro Video
- D.Litt. et Phil., Biblical Studies, University of South Africa
- M.A., Regent University
- B.A., Trinity Bible College
- Associate of Practical Theology, Christ for the Nations Institute
- Annual Biblical Study Tour
- Book of Acts
- Book of Revelation
- Hebrews and General Letters
- New Testament 2
- Parables of Jesus
- Biblical Turkey: A Guide to the Jewish and Christian Sites of Asia Minor (Ege Yayınları, 2010)
- Charts on the Book of Revelation: Literary, Historical, and Theological Perspectives (Kregel, 2007)
- The Victor Sayings in the Book of Revelation (Wipf & Stock, 2007)
- Editor, Constantinople & the Scenery of the Seven Churches of Asia Minor by Rev. Robert Walsh and Thomas Allom (Gorgias, 2006)
- Mastering Greek Vocabulary Through Semantic Domains with Jason Oden (Kregel, 2002)
- "The Book of Revelation" in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, edited by Clinton E. Arnold (Zondervan, 2002), 244-383.
- Revising editor, St. Paul the Traveler and Roman Citizen by W. M. Ramsay (Kregel, 2001)
- Possessing the Promise of God: Joshua and Judges, Spirit-Filled Life Bible
- Discovery Guide edited by Jack W. Hayford (Thomas Nelson, 1998)
- Revising editor, Historical Commentary on Galatians by W. M. Ramsay (Kregel, 1997)
- Revising editor, Historical Commentary on 1 Corinthians (Kregel, 1996)
- Revising editor, Historical Commentary on the Pastoral Epistles by W. M. Ramsay (Kregel, 1996)
- Editor and contributor, Spirit and Renewal: Essays in Honor of J. Rodman Williams (Sheffield Academic Press, 1994)
- Revising editor, The Letters to the Seven Churches by W. M. Ramsay (Hendrickson, 1994)
Published Journal Articles and Reviews
- "Paul: Bound in the Spirit for Jerusalem, Acts 20:22" and "Quench or Extinguish: What Are We Not Supposed to do to the Spirit, 1 Thessalonians 5:19,"
in Devotions on the Greek New Testament (Zondervan, 2012), 54-55, 104-6
- Review of Rebecca Skaggs and Priscilla C. Benham, Revelation in Pneuma 34.2 (2012), 312-13.
- Review of William Sanger Campbell,The 'We" Passages in the Acts of the Apostles in Neotestamentica 45.2 (2011), 360-62.
- "The Cult of Artemis" (724), "The City of Ephesus" (837), "Numbers in Revelation" (973), "The Imperial Cult" (982-83) in The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook (2011)
- "Cities of God in Northern Asia Minor: Using Stark's Social Theories to Reconstruct Peter's Communities," Verbum et Ecclesia 32.1 (2011), Art. #422, 9 pages, DOI: 10.4102/ve.v32i1.422
- Review of Mikael Parsons, Acts in Pneuma 32.1 (2010), 172-73
- "The Route of Paul's First Journey to Pisidian Antioch," New Testament Studies 55 (2009), 1-13.
- "The Rise of Christian Oracles in the Shadow of the Apollo Cults," Ekklesiastikos Pharos 90 (2008), 162-75.
- "Acco," "Adada," "Adasa," "Adramyttium," "Amasia," "Amathus," "Amisus," "Amphipolis," "Ancyra," "Andriace," "Asia Minor, Archaeology," "Attalia in Pamphylia," "Azotus" in Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception (De Gruyter, 2008)
- "Smyrna: The Open Door to Rediscovering the Seven Churches," Ekklesiastikos Pharos 89 ( 2007), 75–87
- Review of Robby Waddell, “The Spirit of the Book of Revelation,” Pneuma 29.2 (2007), 155–56.
- "Rich Yet Lukewarm: Early Christianity in the Lycus Valley," in Uluslarası Denizli ve Çevresi Tarih ve Kültür Sempozyumu Bildiriler ed. Ayfer Özçelik, M. Yaşar Ertaş, Yusuf Kılıç, Yasemin Avcı, Süleyman İnan, and Selim Parlaz (Denizli: Pamukkale Üniversitesi Fen-Edibiyat Fakültesi Tarih Bölümü, 2007), 2:68-72.
- Review article of Robby Waddell, The Spirit of the Book of Revelation, Journal of the Evangelical Pentecostal Theological Association (2007) 2: (forthcoming)
- "The Role of the Holy Spirit in Paul's Ministry Journeys," Ekklesiastikos Pharos 87 ( 2005): 76-95
- Review of Across the Anatolian Plateau: Readings in the Archaeology of Ancient Turkey ed. by David C. Hopkins, Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin 50 (2005): 64-65
- "The Trajectory of Early Christianity in Dorylaeum and its Environs," in I. International Symposium on Eskişehir Throughout History: Political, Economical, Social and Cultural Aspects, ed. Oya Çetin, Ahmet Alp, Erkan İznik (Eskişehir: Anadolu Üniversitesi Yayınları/Edibeyat Facültesi Yayınları, 2005), 381-88
- "The Early Christians in Ephesus and the Date of Revelation, Again," Neotestamentica 39.1 (2005): 163-93
- "Was Paul a Cilician, a Native of Tarsus: A Historical Reassessment," Olba VIII (2003): 93-197
- "Cilicia: The First Christian Churches in Anatolia," Tyndale Bulletin 54.1 (2003): 15-30
- "Greek Vocabulary Acquisition Using Semantic Domains," Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 46 (2003): 193-204
- Review of Antioch the Lost City by Christine Kondoleon, Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin (Spring 2002)
- "Zeugma: Armageddon on the Euphrates?" Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin 45 (2000): 23-35
- "The Public Reading of Scripture," Ministries Today (July/August, 1991): 8
- "Not a Bone Broken," Charisma & Christian Life (April, 1990): 84-86
- "He Studies the Creator of the Stars: Interview with J. Rodman Williams," Ministries Today (January/February, 1990): 80-81
- Society for Pentecostal Studies
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Near East Archaeological Society
- American Research Institute in Turkey
- Institute for Biblical Research
- New Testament Society of South Africa
- British Institute of Archaeology in Ankara