Professor of Systematic and Practical Theology, Emeritus
- Ph.D., Marquette University
- M.A., Central Bible College
- B.A., Central Bible College
- B.D., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Further study, Institute of Holy Land Studies, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Charismatic Renewal Theology
- Church, Kingdom, and Last Things
- God, the World, and Redemption
- Salvation, the Holy Spirit, and Christian Living
- Survey of Contemporary Theology
- Thesis Research and Writing
Published Chapters and Journal Articles
- Review of Garnet H. Milne, The Westminster Confession of Faith and the Cessation of Special Revelation. The Majority Puritan Viewpoint on Whether Extra-biblical Prophecy Is Still Possible. Studies in Christian History and Thought. Bletchley, Milton Keynes, UK: 2007. Pneuma (forthcoming).
- "'This Is My Covenant with Them': Isaiah 59.19-21 as the Programmatic Prophecy of the New Covenant in the Acts of the Apostles (Part II)." Journal of Pentecostal Theology 17 (2008) 219–237.
- "'This Is My Covenant with Them': Isaiah 59.19-21 as the Programmatic Prophecy of the New Covenant in the Acts of the Apostles (Part I)." Journal of Pentecostal Theology 17 (2008) 32–47. Part II.
- "Are Pentecostal Seminaries a Good Idea?" Pneuma 26:2 (Fall 2004), 339-345.
- Review of Jesus the Miracle Worker: A Historical and Theological Study. Pneuma 24:2 (Fall 2002), 269-271.
- "Back to the Future for Pentecostal/Charismatic Evangelicals in North America and World Wide: Radicalizing Evangelical Theology and Practice." Chapter 10b in The Futures of Evangelicalism: Issues and Prospects. Pps. 302-315. Craig Bartholomew, Robin Parry and Andrew West, eds. Leicester, UK: InterVarsity Press, 2003.
- Review of Graham Twelftree, Jesus the Miracle Worker. Downers Grove, Ill. InterVarsity Press, 1999 in Pneuma 23:2 (Spring 2002)
- "Upon This Foundation: Ephesians 2:20 and the Gift of Prophecy." The Pneuma Review 5:1 (Winter 2002): 6-26.
- "The 'Foundational Gifts' of Ephesians 2.20." Journal of Pentecostal Theology 10:2 (April 2002), 28-43.
- Review of Max Turner, The Holy Spirit and Spiritual Gifts. Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson, 1996 in Pneuma 22:3 (Fall, 2001): 181-86.
- "Between Two Worlds: One Dead, the Other Powerless to Be Born: Pentecostal Theological Education vs. Ministry Training," The Spirit and Church 3:2 (November 2001)
- "The Feckless Later Reign of David: A Case of Chronic Depressive Disorder?" Journal of Pastoral Care, 55:4 (Winter 2001): 425-32.
- "The 'Imitation of Christ' in Christian Tradition: Its Missing Charismatic Emphasis." Journal of Pentecostal Theology 16:1 (Spring 2000): 60-77.
- "Answers about Continuing Spiritual Gifts for Your Non-Pentecostal Friends." Pneuma Review 3:1 (Winter 2000): 8-20. Part II: 3:2 (Spring 2000).
- Review of Greig, Gary S. and Springer, Kevin N., (eds.), The Kingdom and the Power: Are Healing and Spiritual Gifts Used by Jesus and the Early Church Meant for the Church today? A Biblical Look at How to Bring the Gospel to the World with Power. Ventura, CA: Regal Books, 1993. Pneuma 21:2 (Fall 1999): 221-26.
- "Early History of the Ruthven Clan." U. S. Scots. 8:1 (Autumn 1999).
- Review of Wayne Grudem (ed.), Are Miraculous Gifts for Today? Four Views. Zondervan, 1996 in Pneuma 21:1 (Spring 1999). Also in Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 42:3 (September 1999): 531-32.
- "What's Right about the Faith Movement," Ministries Today (Jan-Feb 1999): 56-60.
- "Charismatic Theology and Biblical Emphases," Evangelical Quarterly 69:3 (July 1997): 217-236.
- "Was Jesus Also a Heretic?" [Review article of Hank Hanegraaff's Counterfeit Revival.] Charisma, July, 1997.
- Review of Edith Waldvogel Blumhofer and Randall Herbert Balmer (eds.). Modern Christian Revivals (Chicago: Univ of Illinois Pr, 1993) in Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 39:3 (June 1996), 316-317.
- Notes on the Book of James for the King's Bible, editor, Jack Hayford. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 1992.
- Articles in Bible Dictionary of The Complete Biblical Library. Executive editor, Ralph W. Harris. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 1990.
- "On the Cessation of the Charismata: The Protestant Polemic of Benjamin B. Warfield." Pneuma 12:1 (Spring, 1990): 14-31.
- Co-authored with Pamela Ruthven, "Structured Marital Separation: Clinical and Theological Implications for Domestic Violence." A paper presented at the National Conference for Christian Counselors, Atlanta. Fall, 1988.
- "Where Do Women Minister?" CAM [Christ's Ambassadors' Magazine] 28 (1975): 2-5.
- Co-authored with David Argue The Assemblies of God Youth Camp Manual, 1974. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 1974.
- "Joy: A Work of the Spirit in the Believer." Paraclete 7 (1973): 3-7.
- "A Place for Prophecy?" Paraclete 6 (1972): 8-14.
- Co-author, Positive Mental Health for Lancaster County: A Report to the Community (Report of the Mental Health Planning Committee of the Southeast Nebraska Health Planning Council, 1971).
- "On the Cessation of the Charismata." Paraclete "Part 1," 3:2 (Spring 1969): 23-30; "Part 2," 3:3 (Summer 1969): 21-27; "Part 3," 3:4 (Autumn 1969): 20-28.
- "A Note on Elijah's Fire from Yahweh." Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 12 (1968): 111-115.
- "Ezekiel's Rosh and Russia: A Connection?" Bibliotheca Sacra 125:500 (Oct-Dec 1968): 324-333.
- "Is Glossolalia Languages?" Paraclete 2:2 (Spring 1968): 27-30.
- The Prophecy That Is Shaping History: New Research on Ezekiel's Vision of the End. Fairfax, VA: Xulon Press, , rev. 2008.
- On the Cessation of the Charismata: The Protestant Polemic on Miracles, Sheffield, UK: University of Sheffield Academic Press, , rev. 2009.
- In progress: The Central Theme of the Bible