Victor H. Cuartas
Assistant Professor of Practical Ministry & Global Missions
Victor Cuartas' Intro Video
- PhD Candidate, Middlesex University & Oxford Center for Mission Studies
- D.Min. (Leadership & Renewal), Regent University
- M.Div. (Missiology), Regent University
- B.S., (Agricultural Engineering), Universidad del Valle & Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Church and Ministry
- Implementing Contemporary Evangelism
- Islam and Minorities in the United States
- Missionary Principles & Practices
- Missions & the Local Church
- Pulpit Ministry
- World Christian Perspectives
- World Evangelization Strategies
- World Religions
- Hispanic/Latino Diaspora
- The Kingdom of God and Diversity
- Latinos and Hispanics in Global Missions
- Multi-ethnic/ Blended Missions Teams
- Pentecostalism and Charismatism in Colombia and Venezuela
- Religious Landscape of Hispanics in the United States
- Empowering Hispanic Leaders: An Online Model. Fort Worth: TX, Church Starting Network, May 8, 2009.
- Cuartas, Victor H. Capacitando Líderes Hispanos: Un Modelo En Línea. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2010.
- Cuartas, Victor H. "The Power of Diversity in Global Missions." Evangelical Missions Quarterly 49, no.4 (October 2013), PP.448-452.
- "Following Jesus' Example: Empowering leaders in Global Missions." The Pneuma Review: The Journal of Ministry Resources and Theology for Pentecostal and Charismatic Ministries and Leaders.
Vol. 16, Number 1 (Winter 2013), 6-14.
- Siguiendo el Ejemplo de Jesús; Capacitando Líderes en Misiones Mundiales. Global Missiology in Spanish. October 2012.
- Cuartas, Victor H. “Liderando Iglesias Misionales Que Expanden el Reino de Dios.” Global Missiology in Spanish, July 2011.
- Cuartas, Victor H. (forthcoming, 2011). “The Kingdom of God and Ethnic Diversity in Global Missions.”
- Cuartas, Victor H. “Ethical Implications and Challenges of Business as Mission in Creative Access Countries.” Evangelical Missions Quarterly 47, no.3 (July 2011),
- “How to Lead a Missional Church That Expands God’s Kingdom.” The Pneuma Review: The Journal of Ministry Resources and Theology for Pentecostal and Charismatic Ministries and Leaders. Vol. 14, Number 1 (Winter 2011), 32-45.
- Cuartas, Victor H. “El Reino de Dios y la Diversidad Étnica en Las Misiones Mundiales.” Global Missiology in Spanish, January 2011.
- Cuartas, Victor H. “Annotated Bibliography: Publications Related to the Hispanics in United States.” Global Missiology, July 2010.
- Cuartas, Victor H. “Demands of the Kingdom of God in Relation to Ethnic Diversity.” Lausanne World Pulse, May 2010.
- Cuartas, Victor H. “Bibliografía Anotada: Publicaciones Relacionadas con los Hispanos en USA.” Global Missiology in Spanish, October 2009.
- Cuartas, Victor H. “Implicaciones Éticas y los Desafíos de los Negocios Como Misión en los Países de Acceso Creativo.” Global Missiology in Spanish, July 2009.
- Review of Invitation to World Missions: A Trinitarian Missiology for the Twenty-first Century. By Timothy C. Tennent in Evangelical Missions Quarterly 46, no.4 (October 2010): 504-506.
Selected Scholarly Presentations
- "Agency and Role of Hispanic Muslim Converts in Washington DC area" Paper presented at the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion (SSSR), November 8, 2013. Boston, MA.
- "Initial Stages Leading up to Conversion: A Case Study of Hispanic Muslim Converts in Metropolitan D.C. and New Jersey," Oxford Center for Mission Studies. Oxford, United Kingdom, January 16, 2013.
- "A Case Study of a Hispanic Muslim Convert to Islam in Metropolitan D.C." Paper presented at the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion (SSSR), November 10, 2012. Phoenix, Arizona.
- "A method to Study the Conversion of Hispanics in North America to Islam" Weekly Lectures and Seminars at Oxford Center for Missions Studies (Oxford, UK), May 16, 2012.
- "Colloquium on Conversion Narratives in Judaism, Christianity and Islam." Oakland University, Michigan, April 2, 2012.
- Dynamics of Religious Conversion to Islam among the Hispanics in the United States. Society of Pentecostal Studies (SPS), Regent University, March 3, 2012.
- "Latinos (as) and Hispanics in Global Missions." Converge 21, Regent University, March 2, 2012.
- "Los Hispanos y el Islam en América." Comhina National Conference, "Porque Queda Mucho Por hacer," Miami, FL., November 3-5, 2011.
- "Religious Conversion of Hispanics in America to Islam, "Oxford Center for Mission Studies. Oxford, United Kingdom, October 26, 2011.
- Wisdom in Mission Conference. Theme: Reflecting on Mission, Preparing for Mission in 2010. Forum and Discussion. Henry Martyn Centre, Warwick, UK. May 10-11, 2011.
- “The Kingdom of God and Ethnic Diversity in Global Missions: A Hispanic Perspective.” Presented at the 40th Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Memphis Theological Seminary and All saints Bible College. Memphis, TN. March 10-12, 2011.
- Representing the Hispanic Missions Network from the United States. Panel Discussion “Ethnic Diversity in Global Missions: Hispanic Perspective.” Cape Town 2010, “The Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization.” Cape Town, South Africa. October 14-25, 2010.
- “Ethnic Diversity in Global Missions from the Hispanic Perspective” North American Mission Leaders Conference (NAMLC). Gathering of CrossGlobal Link, The Mission Exchange, and Evangelical Missiological Society. Charlotte, NC. September 23-25, 2010.
- “Technology and GloCal Ministry in Hispanic Churches.” Association for Theological Education of Hispanics (AETH). Columbia Theological Seminary. Atlanta, Georgia. August 4-7, 2010.
- “Urban Evangelism & Missions in Colombia,” Barranquilla, Colombia. March 2010.
- “The Kingdom of God and Ethnic Diversity in Global Missions,” Evangelical Missiological Society (EMS), Greer, SC. March 19, 2010.
- “The Power of Obedience,” Main Speaker, Graduation Ceremony 2009. World Harvest Institute. Somoto, Nicaragua. December 6, 2009.
- “The Importance of Unity,” Rabat, Morocco, September 5, 2009.
- Ethical Implications and Challenges of Business as Mission in Creative Access Countries. Evangelical Missiological Society, Chattanooga, TN. April 3 2009.
- “Hispanic Realities and Implications for Ministry and Missions,” Hispanic Heritage Month Symposium. Regent University, VA Beach, VA, October 2008
- “Online Education among Hispanics in USA,” Boston, MA-July 2008
- “The Importance of the Hispanics in Missions’ Mobilization,” Regent University, VA Beach, VA, June 2008
- “The Importance of Strategic Networking,” Atlanta, GA, October 2007
- “Understanding the Generations in Missions, “Dallas, TX, September, 2007
- “Blessed to be a Blessing,” Impacto Mundial, Houston, TX September 2007
- “Transformational Leadership,” Guatemala City, Guatemala- March 2007
- “The State of the World in Missions,” Cali, Colombia- January, 2007
- “The Reality of Missions in Spain,” Algeciras, Spain- November, 2006.
- “Doing Missions with God’s Heart,” San Salvador, El Salvador, June 2006
- Ethnic Diversity in Global Missions
- Pentecostalism and Charismatism in Colombia and Venezuela
- Potential & Influence of Latino/Hispanics in Global Missions
- Religious Conversion of Hispanics in North America
- Religious Landscape of Hispanics in America
- American Society of Missiology (ASM)
- Asociación Para La Educación Teológica Hispana
(Association for Theological Education of Hispanics)
- Comibam-Cooperación Misionera Iberoamericana
(Missions’ Network for Ibero America)
- Comhina-Cooperación Misionera de los Hispanos de Norteamérica
(Missions’ Network for the Hispanics in North America)
- Christ for the Nations Institute – (CFNI) Ordained Minister
- Church of God, Cleveland TN - Ordained Bishop
- Confraternidad de Pastores y Ministros Hispanos de Tidewater
(Tidewater Hispanic Pastors and Ministers Fellowship)
- Dios Está Presente Church (Cali, Colombia) Ordained Minister
- Evangelical Missiological Society (EMS)
- Global Missiology (GM)
- Hispanic Evangelical Scholars Association (National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference-NHCLC)
- International Association for Mission Studies (IAMS)
- Missio Nexus (Formerly The Mission Exchange)
- Semilla – Latin American Leadership Program. Scholarship Selection Committee Member
- Society for Pentecostal Studies (SPS)
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion (SSSR)