Clifton R. Clarke |
Published Chapters and Journal Articles
- 'West Indian and West African Pentecostalism', in Harold D. Hunter and Neil Ormead, The Many Faces of Global Pentecostalism, Cleveland TN: C.P.T Press, 2013, pp. 169-182.
- 'Ogbu Kalu and Africa's Christianity: A Tribute Essay' in Pneuma: The Journal of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Vol. 32, Number 1 (2010), 107-120.
- 'Old Wine and New wine Skins: West Indian and the New West African Pentecostal Churches in Britain and the Challenge of Renewal' in the Journal of Pentecostal Theology. Vol. 19, Number 1 (2010), 143-154.
- Jesus of the Deep Forest: Ghanaian view of Jesus Christ as the Fearless One, the Earth-keeper, the Healer and Redeemer. Published on CMS website on Tuesday, September 18, 2007
- African Epistemology and the Christian Faith: Towards the Epistemic Use of Orality and Symbolism in African Christian Scholarship. Journal of African Christian Thought. Vol. 9. No. 1 (June 2006), pp.56-64.
- Christology in African Indigenous Churches in Ghana. Missionalia. Vol. 34 No. 2/3 (August /November 2006), pp. 285-309
- Post-missionary African Indigenous Christology in Journal of African Christian Thought. Vol. 8, No. 1, (June 2005), pp. 321
- Towards a Functional Christology Among African Indigenous Churches in Ghana. Mission Studies: Journal of the International Association for Mission Studies. Vol. 22, No. 2 (2005), pp. 287- 318. Also published in Missionalia, Vol. 33, no.1, (April 2005), pp. 138-165.
- Christological Construction Among Ghanaian AICs, Africa Theological Journal. Vol. 28, No. 2 (2005), pp. 23-41.
- African Indigenous Churches in Ghana: Past, Present and Future. Journal of African Indigenous Church Theology. Vol.2:1 (2005), pp. 5-16.
- In Our Mother Tongue: Vernacular Hermeneutics within African Initiated Christianity in Ghana. Trinity Journal of Church and Theology. Vol. XV, no. 2 (July 2005), pp. 52-68.
- Towards an Oral Christology among African Indigenous Church in Ghana, Journal of Asian Missions. Vol. 6:2, (2004), pp. 245-264.
- Christ in Africa, Journal of Theology and Religion. Vol. 1:No.1 (2000), pp. 2-12.
- Trans-denominational Mission, Black and White Christian Partnership Publication. (1997), pp. 10-14.
- Pentecostal Theology in Africa (Eugene, Oregon: Wipf and Stock Publishers, 2014).
- African Christology: Jesus in Post Missionary African Christianity (Eugene, Oregon: Wipf and Stock Publishers, 2010).
- Editor with Amos Yong, Global Renewal, Religious Pluralism, and the Great Commission: Towards a Renewal Theology of Mission and Interreligious Encounter (Lexington, KY: Emeth Press, 2010).
- Called to Serve (Step Publishers: Accra, 2007)
- The Reason Why we Sing: Introducing Black Pentecostal Spirituality (Grove Books Series: Cambridge, 1997).
- A Review of Graham Twelftree, In the Name of Jesus:
Exorcism among Early Christians. Journal of Pentecostal Theology. 17 (2008) pp. 137–144
- A Review of Towards a Pneumatological Theology: Pentecostal and Ecumenical Perspectives on Ecclesiology, Soteriology and Theology of Mission by Veli-Matti Kärkkäinen. Journal of Pentecostal Theology. Vol.14, No. 1 (October 2005), pp 123-137
Work in Progress
- African Pentecostalism: A Theological Exploration 2016
- Pentecostal Missiology 2017
- Caribbean Pentecostalism 2017
- Renewal Missiology
- African and African Caribbean Pentecostalism in Europe
- Pentecostalism and Development in Africa
- Ordained Bishop in the Church of God (Cleveland, TN)
- Society of Pentecostal Studies
- West Africa Association of Theological Institutions
- Association of Professors of Mission
- American Society of Missiology
- American Academy of Religion