E-mail PagePrint Page
How the Church Education Initiative Works
CEI is designed to deliver high impact quality theological training to students in your local church with no need to relocate or travel. Students are enrolled in the School of Divinity at Regent University and granted a certificate of completion for each specific block of six classes completed in the custom–designed curriculum the church has chosen. An academic framework has been designed as a catalyst for church-based Christian education.
CEI only forms partnerships with individual churches and designs curriculum best suited for their needs and vision in consultation with the senior leadership of each partner church. As such, we only accept students from partner churches and not applications for enrollment from the public at large.
Then normal order of sequence for forming a church partnership and designing your church's custom curriculum include:
- Contact: First contact for more information or interest should be made by someone in senior leadership from an interested church or ministry. Please note that we do not accept inquiries from individuals for training or from individuals other than the senior leaders in a potential partner church or ministry. Contact can be made in one of several ways:
- Website: click on the “Request More Information” link. Your request for contact and more information will be answered promptly.
- Phone: Call 800.723.6162 or 757.352.4016 to speak to a CEI specialist who can answer your questions and take information for further follow up.
- E-mail: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with a CEI specialist who can answer your questions and take information for further follow up.
- Discussion: Your information will be referred to the Director of CEI in the School of Divinity, who will personally contact you to discuss your questions, needs, and possibilities for theological training. Please note that we do not discuss curriculum with individuals other than the senior leadership of potential partner churches.
- Curriculum: Based on consultations between your church’s senior leadership and the Director of CEI, a custom-designed curriculum will be developed that best suits your church’s specific needs and vision.
- Proposal: CEI will send a formal proposal for a six course curriculum designed to be delivered according to the format specifications agreed upon by your church for review and discussion.
- Partnership Contract: Once the senior leadership has reviewed the CEI proposal and any changes needed are made, the contract will be signed by CEI and the partner church.
- Payment: Payment for classes will be made according to the terms in the Partnership Contract, and made directly to the partner church.
- Training: CEI will set the custom-designed training agreed upon in the contract in the next available semester following the signing of the contract.
- Certification: Upon the successful completion of a block of six classes, students will receive an official certificate of completion from Regent University.
- Renewal: The church partnership will be reviewed upon the completion of a block of classes with option to renew the contract for additional block(s) of classes at the discretion of CEI and the partner church.