E-mail PagePrint Page
M.A. - Practical Theology Concentrations
A concentration consists of courses which focus on developing the student in a particular area and are taken in addition to core and elective courses.
For students in the M.A. in Practical Theology program, the School of Divinity offers concentrations in:
Church and Ministry
This concentration allows students to take a variety of Practical Theology elective courses (PMIN) in order to develop skills in areas related to their own particular ministry interests, including leadership, administration, counseling, Christian education and other areas.
The Church and Ministry concentration requires 15 credits from the following list of PMIN courses:
- PMIN 511 Pastoral Care, Counseling, Conflict
- PMIN 514 Christian Leadership Development
- PMIN 517 Church Growth and Revitalization
- PMIN 509 Models of Biblical Discipleship
- PMIN 515 Ministry Leader: Life style and Skills
- PMIN 519 Church Administration
- PMIN 550 Pastoral Theology
- PMIN 513 Church Planting Models & Methods
- PMIN 574 Foundations for Ministry Coaching
The School of Divinity offers this concentration to encourage its students to take advantage of the excellent opportunity presented by studying in a university context. Students may take courses from the other schools of Regent University (Education, Communication and the Arts, Global Leadership and Entrepreneurship, Government, and Psychology and Counseling) in order to enhance and broaden their skills to serve effectively in a wide variety of areas.
Worship and Renewal
The School of Divinity offers this concentration to combine the expertise and experience of world-class worship leaders with the core of the School of Divinity's Practical Theology degrees. The concentration consists of five one-week modular courses (3-credits each), taught on the Virginia Beach Campus:
- WSHP 527 Worship in Everyday Life
- WSHP 528 Worship: Biblical Perspectives
- WSHP 529 Psalms, Hymns, & Spiritual Songs
- WSHP 530 Contemporary Worship
- WSHP 531 The Worship Leader