E-mail PagePrint Page
Regent University Mission Statement:
Regent University serves as a center of Christian thought and action to provide excellent education through a Biblical perspective and global context equipping Christian leaders to change the world.
Our vision is to be the most influential, Christian, transformational university in the world. We aspire to this vision as defined by these specific attributes and measured collectively.
These values are central to Regent and have guided it since its founding:
Regent University has as its focal point the teachings, practices and person of Jesus Christ, and fosters a trans-denominational environment.
Regent University will be recognized for its excellence in education, scholarship, service and workplace environment.
Regent values authentic, servant leadership and seeks to equip leaders to have a global impact.
The School of Divinity Mission Statement:
Our mission is:
To provide theological education that seeks to be faithful to the Scriptures and emphasizes the renewing work of the Holy Spirit in order to form men and women who will bear witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ in the church, the academy, and the world.
The School of Divinity is committed to the following core values:
- Spiritual formation within the context of life-long learning, which recognizes the ongoing development of Christ-like character as the primary building block for Christian life and service.
- Leadership development from a renewal perspective, which embraces the contemporary expression of the Holy Spirit.
- Excellence in biblical, theological and academic education, which is grounded on the authority of the Bible as the inspired Word of God, and which reflects cutting-edge scholarship.
- Practical training and experience that promote healthy habits of the heart, mind and spirit, and which equip graduate professionals for fruitful ministry in the church, community and the world.
- Advancement of world evangelization and discipleship, which are primary biblical mandates.
The School of Divinity serves students from many church traditions and backgrounds (denominational and independent). We desire to equip students to minister effectively within their own church traditions and various spheres of influence. In particular, we seek to serve students and churches within the spiritual renewal movement. As an educational and faith community we assume that students are active in ministry. Correspondingly, we seek to encourage their growth in: spiritual formation, theological and biblical integrity, the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit, and commitment to the Church and its outward thrust in evangelism and missions.
Learn more about our distinctives and Statement of Faith »