Degree Requirements -
Online M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
In the School of Psychology & Counseling, our programs integrate scholarly and rigorous academic training within a Christian worldview to produce highly trained counselors and clinical psychologists. The curriculum is established to meet national accrediting standards and state licensure. For the Master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling our degree requirements are as follows:
- Attend four personal counseling sessions to determine the student's readiness to function in a counseling role
- Satisfactory professional development throughout the program
- Successful completion of all Competency Based Probes
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point average throughout the program
- Successful completion of practicum (CMHC 523)
- Successful completion of two internships (CMHC 595-A and 595-B)
- A grade of B or better in the following classes: CMHC 500, 517, 521, 526, 532, 535, 536, 538, 540, 545, 554, 561, 562, 570.
- Completion of a state background check before beginning practicum.
- Pass the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination
- Successful completion of the Library research course