Apply Online Now
Thank you for your interest in Regent University's School of Psychology & Counseling.
Our online application is designed to make the process easy and convenient for you. It utilizes our web-based information system, Genisys, which you will see when you first enter the application.
Once you are ready to begin the application process, click on the link below to be taken to Genisys where you will establish a personal user account with a six-digit password.
Plan to spend about 30 to 45 minutes on the application. It's okay if you choose to complete the application in several sessions, because the data will be saved - for you only - for the next session.
In addition to the application, you must submit the following materials in order to complete your application:
- Personal Goals Statement (should be emailed to your admissions counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Official transcripts - Required from all colleges and universities you have attended even if the credits appear as transfer credits on another transcript. Regent accepts official transcripts in either of the two following methods:
- Sent directly to the university in a sealed envelope, or
- Electronic transcripts, sent directly from the college or university, emailed to email@example.com.
- Official GRE scores* - For information about the GRE, contact the College Board at www.ets.org/gre/.
- Masters degree applicants only have the option of taking the MAT. For more information about the MAT, visit www.milleranalogies.com and register to take the exam online.
- Three recommendations - Submit recommendations from a former professor or instructor, a clergy member and a general reference.
- Resumé (should be emailed to your admissions counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scholarly writing sample -
- Applicants to all programs must submit a standardized writing sample through the ETS Criterion Service. Applicants can find instructions on the submission process by clicking the link here.
*See Masters degree application requirement page for details on possible GRE/MAT waivers. Please note, doctoral applicants do not qualify for GRE waivers.
Once you have completed your online application, you can pay the $50 application fee online or you can mail a check or money order to our Admissions Office. The application fee is non-refundable.
Online Payments: https://www.regent.edu/payments/
Enrollment Support Services
Library, LIB 102
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464-9800, USA
We begin processing your application upon your submission of the application and receipt of the fee.
M.A. applicants, click here for deadlines.
Remember, we are here to help you in any way we can. Thank you again for your interest in Regent University's School of Psychology & Counseling.