Certificate of Advanced Counseling Studies (CACS) Objectives
The School Counseling/CACS focus is designed to also meet the additional specific objectives:
- To provide studies in the role and function of school guidance personnel.
- To provide studies in the diagnosis and treatment of child and adolescent issues.
- To provide comprehensive supervised experience in school guidance settings.
The Community Counseling/CACS focus is designed to also meet the following additional objectives:
- To provide studies in the diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders (addictions, psychopathology).
- To provide comprehensive supervised clinical experience in community agency settings.
These broad objectives are further refined into the specific course objectives that make up the program curriculum. These specific course objectives are found in each course syllabus.