Regent University and the graduate School of Psychology & Counseling (SPC) are accredited, certified, and/or a member of the following bodies:
- Regent University is accredited to award associates, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University.
- Regent University is authorized to operate in the state of Virginia and is exempt from the requirements of certification provided by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), has accredited the following programs in the School Psychology & Counseling: Master of Arts in Community Counseling, Master of Arts in School Counseling, Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling*, Master of Arts in School Counseling (online)* and Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision.
Clinical Psychology Accreditation
- The Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association (APA). Contact the APA at Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242 or 202.336.5979.
*The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Regent University is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The accreditation runs through March 31, 2016. (Note: The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is currently accredited under the 2001 standards for Community Counseling programs as a Community Counseling program. The CACREP 2009 standards combine the Community Counseling and Mental Health Counseling standards into standards for Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs. The Regent University Counseling Department intends to seek accreditation for this program as a Clinical Mental Health Counseling program when it comes up for reaccreditation, per CACREP guidelines).