Masters Commissioning Ceremony
Thursday, May 2, 2013, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
SCA Doctoral Dedication
Plan to attend the SCA Doctoral Dedication on Thursday, May 2, 2013 for an intimate and very special time of honoring and anointing our doctoral graduates.
Friday, May 3, 2013, 9:00 am. - 11:00 a.m.
SCA Masters Commissioning Ceremony
Plan to attend the SCA Masters Commissioning Ceremony on Friday, May 3, 2013 for an intimate and very special time of honoring and anointing our graduates.
Saturday, May 4, 2013, 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
All Schools Commencement
Conclude your celebration with the Regent University Commencement on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Congratulations on a job well done and permit us to celebrate and send you forth with prayer and anointing to become leaders in a world/industry/workplace greatly in need of you!
The purpose of this posting is to give you information regarding the school's commissioning ceremony. If you fail to meet graduation requirements or if you defer to a later semester, you will receive a letter via postal service and an email by April 15 denying/withdrawing commencement participation permission for this May. Only the school grants permission to participate in commencement/commissioning services.
Masters Commissioning Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 1 at 3:00 pm in the Performing Arts Center Main Theatre. We need about a dozen or so to come learn the procedure. Come as you are. We'll try to be finished in about 30 minutes.
Masters Commissioning Ceremony: Friday, May 3 at 9:00 a.m. in the Performing Arts Center Main Theatre. Lineup at 8:30 a.m. in the hallway on the South side of the building. Your family and friends are invited; no tickets needed; the doors will open at 8:30 a.m. for first come seating.
Masters Commissioning Ceremony Procedure: On Friday morning at 8:30 a.m., please come to the south side hallway. We will have staff there to direct your lineup. Wear your regalia but no caps. A program for the service will be given to you when you arrive for lineup.
The procedure is as follows:
- You will line up alphabetically within departments.
- You will be given an index card on which you will write your name (sharpie provided!)
- You will enter the Main Theatre precisely at 9:00 a.m. via processional led by a student marshal.
- You will have designated seats in the center section of the Main Theatre.
- A reader will be at the podium/microphone and will call you in groups to process out of your row and onto the stage for hooding.
- When you approach the podium, give your name card to the reader at the podium.
- When your name is called, proceed toward Dean Land and department chairs and face the audience. Dean Land will place your hood around your neck and congratulate you.
- In a group you will remain on stage for individual prayer and anointing.
- You will return to a seat for the remainder of the service.
- You will leave via recessional to the front steps of the building where your group photograph will be taken.
- A punch reception will be held in the lobby immediately after the service.
Dress Code: As this is a special occasion and you will be standing on stage men should wear dress pants. Women should wear dress pants, a skirt or a dress. All graduates should wear dress shoes (heels or flats). Please do not wear jeans, tennis shoes or flip flops. Females are not to bring handbags.
Please keep in mind, there is no cost or guest limit to attend the Masters Commissioning Ceremony.
There may be an opportunity at the end of the program for you to share briefly. Microphones will be brought to you by the student marshals. At the conclusion of the program you will recess as directed by the student marshal. You will then proceed as a group out the front of the building and gather on the front steps for a group photo.
TO CONFIRM THAT YOU WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN THE MASTERS COMMISSIONING. PLEASE CALL 757.352.4020 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this is a separate RSVP from the RSVP you give to the Registrar's Office for Commencement.
If we do not hear from you we will assume that you are not participating in the school's commissioning ceremony and will not reserve a space for you.