Course & Schedule
This C.S. Lewis seminar will take place during the summer semester May 11-August 15, 2015 with a required one-week class in Oxford, England from June 21-28, 2015.
We are offering the following course:
Masters/Undergraduates: COM 685 - Seminar: C.S. Lewis & Friends: Communication, Myth and Imagination (3 credits)
Doctoral: COM 785 - Seminar: C.S. Lewis & Friends: Communication, Myth and Imagination (3 credits)
The course consists of:
- An online prologue May 11-June 20
- Classes meet in Oxford, England June 21-28
- An online epilogue June 28-August 15
See Important Dates for more details.
During this course you will:
- Discuss C.S. Lewis' major works including The Chronicles of Narnia, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, Mere Christianity, Surprised by Joy and others.
- Study at The Kilns, Lewis' home.
- Interact with noted Lewis scholars.
- Reflect as you stroll on Addison’s walk, where Lewis' life was changed.
- Explore Magdalen College, where Lewis taught.
- Dine and engage in scholarly discussions at Lewis' favorite pubs.
- Tour various sites in Oxford such as Christ Church, Merton College & the Bodleian Library.
- Have opportunities to take part in cultural and academic activities.
- Visit the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin where Lewis gave his famous sermon.