Directed Project/Internship Overview
For students in School of Communication & the Arts programs initiating an internship or a directed project, there are three required forms:
1a) Internship Contract: used by FTV & Theater Students
1b) Directed Project Contract: used byJRN & Strat Comm Students
2) Individual Study Form - required for all
3) Evaluation Form - required for all
Directions for JRN & Strat. Com Students:
- Find / develop a Directed Project opportunity
- Share the project idea with your advisor for approval
- If approved: complete the Contract form and Individual Study form and obtain all required signatures. Take/send forms to the appropriate registration support staff who will complete the registration.
IMPORTANT: Only start the Project after all forms have been submitted and registration has been completed.
- During the Project, communicate with your advisor about your progress.
- When finished: Complete the Evaluation Form with your industry supervisor and return with all signatures to your academic adviser. This completes the Directed Project which is graded "pass/fail".
NOTE: JRN and Strat. Com Students also have the option to complete their degree with a Thesis/Dissertation. Students usually chose this option if they have a high interest in a specific research topic or theory related to their academic field. Please contact your advisor for more details.
Please watch this video for more information on the Directed Project >