Thank you for your interest in the Journal of Virtues & Leadership. Regent University is suspending production of this publication until further notice. Therefore, we are not accepting article submissions at this time. The submission guidelines below are provided for reference purposes only. We wish you all the best in your endeavors.
The Journal of Virtues & Leadership (JVL) is a refereed journal inviting practical and applied manuscripts covering topics that include: virtues in leadership (including love, forgiveness, hope, humility, self-control, wisdom, etc.), vices in leadership (such as envy, greed, lust, slothfulness, etc.), and servant leadership, as well as articles that share insight from the Bible.
Manuscripts will be screened by the editor for appropriateness and then sent to at least two reviewers for detailed assessment. Articles are expected to make use of theory and existing literature to support points, but the manuscript should represent a significant new contribution to the understanding of the topic. In other words, articles that simply restate what other writers have said or articles that are mere literature reviews will not be accepted. In addition, conceptual and philosophical articles are welcomed as long as they are theoretically grounded. Problem-solving articles are also welcomed as long as the problem is applicable to a wide-scope audience and not narrowly crafted to a single industry or company. Consulting type articles are not desired for this journal but should be considered for the Journal of Practical Consulting.
Manuscripts should be submitted in a word.doc format as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include correct author identifying information on the title page only and remove the author's information in the "tools-options-user information" section. If there are multiple authors, please identify the contact author.
- Place the title of the manuscript at the top of the abstract page.
- The submission should contain all tables, figures, and references in a single file.
- Please also include your assurances that the manuscript is original and is not under review at any other journal.
- Please include in your email three or four keywords that will help us assign the manuscript to appropriate reviewers.
- Your submission will be acknowledged by return email when assigned to reviewers (usually within one week of receipt).
Please make sure that:
- Your submission (including references) conforms to APA format as outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition).
- All text, including references, is single-spaced in Arial or Times New Roman font with one-inch margins.
- Your title page includes complete contact information for all authors, including mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Your abstract is 200 words or less.
- Your submission contains only necessary endnotes.
- There is nothing in your manuscript file other than the title page that identifies the authors. Be sure to erase manuscript "properties" (under FILE in Microsoft Word) prior to submission.
- No appendices are included. The body of the manuscript has to present all pertinent information.
- The text of your submission, including abstract, body of the paper, and references (but not including title page, tables, and figures), is no longer than 40 pages total.
- Any prior publication of data featured in the manuscript is explicitly acknowledged either in the manuscript or in the transmittal letter to the editor. Any forthcoming or "in press" articles which use the data should be forwarded to the editor with the submission. Please provide proof of copyright clearance for any previously published materials used in the article such as: photographs, tables, charts, graphics, etc.
- Your submission includes the following: Permission to Publish form and a brief author's bio for each author noting name, position title, organization, and email address.
Any questions concerning electronic submission should be directed to the editor at email@example.com