Thank you for your interest in the Journal of Strategic Leadership. Currently, we are not accepting article submissions. Please check back with us at another time.
||Permission to Publish Form
The Journal of Strategic Leadership (JSL) is a refereed journal inviting practical and applied manuscripts covering topics that include:
- Organizational design
- Global leadership issues
- Culture and values of leadership
- Strategic foresight
- Cross-cultural studies of leadership
- Follower perceptions and attributions
- Alternative formulations of follower-leader relationships
- Leadership effectiveness
- Leadership of diverse groups and in diverse settings
- Leadership of change
Manuscripts will be screened by the editor for appropriateness and then sent to at least two reviewers for detailed assessment. Articles are expected to make use of theory and existing literature to support points, but the manuscript should represent a significant new contribution to the understanding of the topic. In other words, articles that simply restate what other writers have said or articles that are mere literature reviews will not be accepted. Problem-solving articles are welcomed as long as the problem is applicable to a wide-scope audience and not narrowly crafted to a single industry or company. Consulting type articles are not desired for this journal but should be considered for the Journal of Practical Consulting.
Manuscripts should be submitted in a word.doc format as an e-mail attachment to editorJSL@regent.edu.
- Include correct author identifying information on the title page only and remove the author's information in the "tools-options-user information" section. If there are multiple authors, please identify the contact author.
- Place the title of the manuscript at the top of the abstract page.
- The submission should contain all tables, figures, and references in a single file.
- Please also include your assurances that the manuscript is original and is not under review at any other journal.
- Please include in your email three or four keywords that will help us assign the manuscript to appropriate reviewers.
- Your submission will be acknowledged by return email when assigned to reviewers (usually within one week of receipt).
Please make sure that:
- your submission conforms to the guidelines as stated in the American Psychological Association (APA) Publication Manual, 6th Edition unless otherwise noted below.
- all text, including references, is single-spaced in Arial or Times New Roman font with one-inch margins.
- your title page includes complete contact information for all authors, including mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- your abstract is 200 words or less. The abstract should be a complete summary of the main findings/points of the manuscript and should serve as a substitute for the manuscript if the reader only has time for the abstract.
- all attributions should be done as endnotes rather than APA in-text citations. Sources noted in the endnotes list, however, should follow APA reference list style guidelines and include specific page numbers or ebook locations, when appropriate.
- there is nothing in your manuscript file other than the title page that identifies the authors. Be sure to erase manuscript "properties" (under FILE in Microsoft Word) prior to submission.
- no appendices are included. The body of the manuscript has to present all pertinent information.
- the body of the text should be a minimum of 3,000 words and a maximum of 4,000 words.
- you provide proof of copyright clearance for any previously published materials used in the article such as: photographs, tables, charts, graphics, etc.
Authors, whose work is accepted by JSL, will need to submit the Permission to Publish form [PDF] and a brief author's bio for each author noting name, position title, organization, and email address.
Any questions concerning electronic submission should be directed to the editor at editorJSL@regent.edu.