The Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership (JBPL) is a refereed journal inviting research studies covering topics such as:
- The use of exegetical methods to explore leadership
- The relationship between scripture, faith, theology and leadership
- Models of Biblical spirituality and leadership
- Models of tribal and other forms of leadership in the Pentateuch
- Models of ruling, leadership, governing and organizational structures in the history of early Israel
- Leadership values in the wisdom writings of the Hebrew scriptures
- The relationship between prophecy and contextual leadership in the prophetic material of the Hebrew scriptures
- Comparative studies of leaders and leadership models across the Hebrew and Christian scriptures
- Historical studies of leaders in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures
- Group dynamics in the Gospels
- Historical Jesus and leadership research
- Pauline perspectives in leadership
- Organizational design and dynamics in the early faith communities of the Christian scriptures
- Follower-leader relationships in the Christian scriptures
- Organizational and leadership values in the Christian scriptures
- Models of spiritual and leadership formation in the Christian scriptures
- Models of future studies and strategic foresight in the apocalyptic material of the Hebrew and Christian scriptures
Manuscripts will be screened by the editor for appropriateness and then sent to at least two reviewers for detailed assessment. Exegetical, social, leadership, organizational, conceptual and historical studies using all types of qualitative methods are welcome. The primary criteria will be soundness of methodological approach and grounding in exegetical and leadership studies theories. Exegetical contributions that extend existing concepts and theories of leadership in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures are particularly welcome.
Manuscripts should be submitted to the editor as an e-mail attachment in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format to email@example.com.
- Include correct author identifying information on the title page only and remove the author's information in the "tools-options-user information" section. If there are multiple authors, please identify the contact author.
- Place the title of the manuscript at the top of the abstract page.
- The submission should contain all tables, figures and references in a single file.
- Please also include your assurances that the manuscript is original and is not under review at any other journal.
- Please include in your e-mail three or four keywords that will help us assign the manuscript to appropriate reviewers.
- Your submission will be acknowledged by return e-mail when assigned to reviewers (usually within one week of receipt).
Please make sure that:
- Your submission (including references) conforms to the Chicago writing style as outlined in the Chicago Manual of Style (15th edition).
- All text, including references, is double-spaced in Arial or Times New Roman font (10-12 point type) with one-inch margins.
- Your title page includes complete contact information for all authors, including mailing addresses, email addresses, phone and fax numbers.
- Your abstract is not more than 200 words.
- Your submission contains only necessary footnotes.
- There is nothing in your manuscript file other than the title page that identifies the authors. Be sure to erase manuscript "properties" (under FILE in Microsoft Word) prior to submission.
- The text of your submission, including abstract, body of the paper, and references (but not including title page, tables, and figures), is no longer than 40 pages total.
- Any prior publication of data featured in the manuscript is explicitly acknowledged either in the manuscript or in the transmittal letter to the editor. Any forthcoming or "in press" articles which use the data should be forwarded to the editor with the submission. Please provide proof of copyright clearance for any previously published materials used in the article such as: photographs, tables, charts, graphics, etc.
Your submission includes the following: Permission to Publish Agreement [PDF] and a brief author's bio for each author noting name, position title, organization, and e-mail address.
Any questions concerning electronic submission should be directed to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org