Master of Arts in Not-for-Profit Leadership Degree
Online Degree Overview
The Master of Arts in Not-for-Profit Leadership, offered exclusively online with no on-campus residency requirement, was developed specifically for those who lead, or aspire to lead, not-for-profit or faith-based organizations. You will explore in-depth critical leadership and organizational development topics with a focus on conflict resolution and negotiation, strategic thinking, fundraising and service-focused management. You will also learn how to increase organizational effectiveness and successfully manage change from a Christian perspective.
- Explore principles and practices of management and administration, such as board-staff relations, recruiting and motivating volunteers, managing growth, and responding to political and economic changes.
- Learn how to determine sources of support, plan campaigns and market products and services.
- Understand how to communicate to achieve organizational satisfaction and effectiveness, and explore the value of strategic thinking and planning to overcome resistance to change.
Master's in Not-for-Profit Leadership Highlights
Curriculum: View courses and descriptions.
Length: 33 credits. Full-time students may complete their master's degree in leadership in as little as 12 months. Each course is 8-weeks in length and students may begin the program in August, October, January, March, May, or June.
Format: 100% Online. M.A. in Not-for-Profit Leadership courses are offered as a flexible online graduate degree and were designed using an autonomous learning model. No on-campus residency is required.
Important Links: Faculty | Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid
Features: We offer affordable tuition rates, financial aid and military education benefits.
The Master of Arts in Not-for-Profit Leadership program will prepare you for career opportunities in not-for-profit development and management, leadership coaching, executive ministry, and not-for-profit marketing and administration.
Master's in Not-for-Profit Leadership graduates will be able to:
- Examine and apply organizational leadership theories.
- Manage organizational behavior and change to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Create leadership development plans for self-awareness and improvement.
- Employ qualitative and quantitative research for organizational analysis and problem solving.
- Facilitate organizational group formation and development.
- Apply coaching, mentoring and discipling skills to organizational leadership.
- Analyze organizational communication and the relationship of communication to organizational satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to achieve organizational effectiveness and success.
- Utilize information technologies in the design and leadership of an organization, and identify the driving forces affecting organizations now and in the future.
- Apply organizational leadership knowledge and skills within a global context.
- Lead with integrity grounded in a Judeo-Christian worldview and values system.
The faculty and staff of the School of Business & Leadership value students and want to see you succeed. Throughout the online master's in Not-for-Profit Leadership program and when life challenges arise, we want to provide as much support as possible to help you complete your degree.
Along with your acceptance letter, as a new student you will receive a clear, step-by-step process to assist with enrollment.
New students are assigned an academic faculty advisor to serve as their primary contact for advising issues throughout the program.
Faculty and staff respond to student emails and phone calls within 48 hours.